THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW IT IS GATHERED AND USED:
This notice applies to all personal data collected or submitted on the Design 4 Democracy Coalition’s websites, as well as information submitted to the Coalition through participation in its programs, doing business with the Design 4 Democracy Coalition as a vendor, or providing financial support to the Design 4 Democracy Coalition. Personal data is data that can be used to identify a living individual. Identification can be from the information alone or in conjunction with any other data in an entity’s possession. The Coalition seeks to ensure that the personal data processed or controlled by the Coalition is treated securely and in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations including the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Coalition collects only the personally identifiable data that is voluntarily provided to the Coalition and is necessary for specific business purposes.This data is kept up to date, stored securely, and protected from loss, misuse and unauthorized disclosure through the use of appropriate technical measures. User personal data is retained only for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was obtained and in accordance with the Coalition’s data retention policy. When data is no longer required, the Coalition will irrevocably destroy all personal data submitted to it.
The Design 4 Democracy Coalition collects personal data when an individual:
- Uses Our Tools or Data: If an individual requests an online resource or publication we collect personal information such as name and email address. We use this information to make the resource available to the individual.
- Signs Up on the Coalition’s Mailing List to Receive Newsletters or Program Updates: If a person chooses to sign up for periodic updates about the Coalition or its programs, we collect names and email addresses. We use this information to send the newsletters or program updates.
- Requests a Print Copy of A Publication: If an individual requests a print copy of a publication, the Coalition collects personal information, such as name, address, telephone number. We use this information to send the requested publication.
- Registers to Attend An Event or Participate in Design 4 Democracy Program: If an individual registers to attend an event or participate in a Coalition program, we collect information including name, email address, telephone number and place of employment. We use this information to invite individuals to events or to participate in programs and to provide information related to upcoming events and programs.
- Participates in Person at an Event or Program: The Coalition may collect photographic images and video footage of Coalition events and programs that may contain participants personal data (including image, name, region and affiliation.) This data may be used to illustrate the Coalition’s work to donors, as case studies or to promote related events.
- Makes a Donation to the Design 4 Democracy Design 4 Democracy Coalition: The Coalition collects credit card information, including the name, address and email address of the cardholder, the card number, expiration date and security code, should an individual choose to provide this information in order to make a donation to the Coalition or to purchase tickets to a Design 4 Democracy event. The Coalition uses this information to process the payment and to send the purchaser or donor receipt of the transaction as well as information necessary for tax purposes.
SHARING PERSONAL DATA:The Coalition treats personal data in a confidential manner and only shares it within the Coalition with those individuals necessary for the delivery of services or activities to the person who provided the information. The Design 4 Democracy Coalition does not voluntarily share personal data with any third party institution without the specific consent of the data subject unless obligated to do so by U.S. or other applicable law or federal regulation. Information collected on Design 4 Democracy’s websites is never used for commercial purposes.
CONTACT DETAILS:To exercise all relevant rights, make queries or lodge complaints related to this policy please contact: [email protected]